Composites in the Martian Suit
When humans do finally travel to Mars, they will have to be well protected from a less-than-hospitable environment that includes sub-zero temperatures, an extremely thin atmosphere, unbreathable air and ballistic meteorites. The suit designed to do the job, called Z-2, is already in development at NASA, and it relies heavily on composites.
Read more in Composites Manufacturing Magazine
Season’s Greetings From CAMX
On behalf of everyone at CAMX, we wish you a wonderful holiday season. We are happy that the third year of CAMX was successful, setting the bar high for next year’s CAMX in Orlando, FL. We are already planning exciting changes, new innovations from leading companies, an exciting, revamped exhibit hall lay-out with new interactive features, including product showcases and a theater, as well as additional networking and engagement opportunities!
In 2014, CAMX drew roughly 7,100 attendees from 44 countries all over the world. Over the past two years in Dallas and Anaheim, that number has grown to 8,000 attendees from more than 52 countries. Roughly 1,000 people came to CAMX for the first time in 2016.
If you missed this year’s CAMX – or if you attended but weren’t able to see everything – check out what you missed by viewing the highlights. Here are key statistics from the composites and advanced materials premier industry event:
- 7,987 registrants (a 10% increase over 2015) attended CAMX 2016. This marks the third year of continued growth for CAMX!
- 544 exhibiting companies in 302,000 square feet of space occupied in the Exhibit Hall alone – again larger than 2015 – and the largest gathering of the entire industry in North America ever.
- 52 countries and all US states were represented.
- Over 254 different Conference Program sessions covering an extensive list of topics, the latest research, innovations and best practices were available.
- CAMX 2016 featured the most extensive gathering of expert speakers in the industry anywhere in the world.
CAMX 2017 – Reserve Your Booth Now!
Reach an engaged audience at North America’s largest composites and advanced materials expo. CAMX is investing in the hall by providing new features that will engage and enhance attendee experiences. Capitalize on these improvements and showcase your new innovations, by exhibiting in the new Exhibit Hall.
Exhibit space sales have begun and the floor is nearly half sold. Reserve your exhibit space today for the best locations! Visit www.theCAMX.org for more information or contact Efren Pavon to reserve your booth.
Sponsorship details for CAMX 2017 will be available in the first quarter of 2017. However, should you need any information for budgeting purposes sooner, please contact your salesperson.
CAMX 2017 Call for Abstracts
Share your expertise with the international composites and advanced materials community at CAMX 2017. Submit an abstract for an Education Session or Technical Paper for inclusion in the CAMX 2017 Conference Program. The Call for Abstracts is open, and will close March 1, 2017. Check the Education tab on the CAMX website for updates and deadlines for next year’s show.
Stay Connected – and Share the CAMX Experience Year-Round
Join the CAMX social media communities to receive updates on abstract submission, new exhibitors and features, session topics, product displays and demonstrations, as well as technology and innovation. Plus, watch videos, crowdsource your questions, and network with fellow attendees. Share the CAMX experience year-round with these social media platforms:
- Twitter icon – http://twitter.com/the_camx
- Facebook icon – https://www.facebook.com/thecamx
- LinkedIn icon – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/5123395