CAMX offers the most robust programming anywhere for the composites and advanced materials industry by providing a variety of sessions on timely topics with industry experts sharing their knowledge in more than 100 educational opportunities.
Good Day, CAMX!
Finish up your CAMX experience with one final virtual networking opportunity. Hear insights from the next generation of composites professionals about leading industry topics. Tickets are included with the Premium and Full Conference packages or can be purchased for $60 for all other registration packages.
These 20-minute presentations include formal written research papers reviewed by industry peers. Presentations address critical areas important to the composites and advanced materials industry from business, applications, and research perspectives.
These 35-minute presentations focus on case studies, best practices, issue reviews, and more. These sessions are presented as lectures, panels, and discussions led by subject area experts, and provide valuable information in a multitude of areas.
Virtual conference tutorials offer attendees the opportunity to take a deeper dive into topics most interesting to our industry. These virtual classes connect attendees and instructors for in-depth learning, with demonstrations or hands-on materials, and ample time for questions and conversations. This year’s tutorials will be hosted ahead of CAMX on September 8 - 10, 2020.
- Making a Composite Part: From Concept to Reality | Tuesday, September 8; 10:00 am – 12:15 pm ET Ronda Coguill | Chief Technical Officer, Highland Point, Inc.
- Introduction to Additive Manufacturing and Composite Tooling Applications | Tuesday, September 8; 1:30 pm – 3:45 pm ET Rick Neff | CEO, Rick Neff, LLC
- Sustainability in the Composites Industry | Wednesday, September 9; 10:00 am – 12:15 pm ET Stella Job | Sustainability Manager, Composites UK
- Methods for Facing Today’s Complex Design Challenges | Wednesday, September 9; 1:30 pm – 3:45 pm ET Clint Luttgeharm | President, TECHcetera
- Non-Destructive Inspection & Evaluation for Composites & Bonded Structures | Thursday, September 10; 10:00 am – 12:15 pm ET Lou Dorworth | Direct Services Manager, Abaris Training Resources
- Thermoplastic Composites: Materials, Markets, Applications | Thursday, September 10; 1:30 pm – 3:45 pm ET Jonathan Sourkes | Senior Account Manager, TxV Aero CompositesRobert G. Bryant | Senior Research Materials Engineer, NASA Langley Research Center
2019 Keynote Speaker
CAMX 2019 kicked off with an exciting General Session, open to all attendees and exhibitors, featuring Vicki Holt, CEO of Protolabs. Protolabs is a bold manufacturing company that is creating disruption in manufacturing with a fresh, creative business model that is digitizing traditional manufacturing processes and enabling their clients to design, test and produce parts quickly, getting to market faster with smaller runs of customized products. The company has been named one of Forbes “Best Small Companies to Work” twice and has increased revenue by 160% in recent years. Holt will share with CAMX why the way manufacturing is done needs to be rethought and approached differently in order to meet the needs of the future. From robotics and AI to 3D printing, prototyping, and employee leadership, everyone in the audience will leave impressed, inspired, and ready to think about customer service, manufacturing, engineering, leadership and management differently.
Holt has served as President and CEO for Protolabs since 2014. Prior to Protolabs, Holt served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Spartech Corporation, a leading producer of plastic sheet, compounds and packaging products. Prior to that, she worked at PPG Industries, serving as Senior Vice President, Glass and Fiber Glass.”
Our moderator, Max Thouin, Hexcel, is an engineer by trade, and a true sport enthusiast. He has a strong technical background with extensive knowledge of design, prototyping, manufacturing, testing and marketing of high-end composite products, including sporting equipment. His career has enabled him to combine his passion for both composites and sports, and he brings this passion with him to CAMX as the moderator of the Closing Luncheon. Max’s career has included time at True Temper Sports, Mitsubishi Chemical Carbon Fiber and Composites. He is currently as a sales development manager at Hexcel.