October 18, 2022 (Anaheim, CA.) – The American Composites Manufacturers Association (ACMA) has announced the winners for the 2022 Awards for Composites Excellence (ACE), sponsored by Composites One. The prestigious composites industry competition recognizes outstanding achievement and innovation in design, manufacturing, and market growth. The winning entries were announced at CAMX – The Composites and Advanced Materials Expo in Anaheim, CA.
2022 ACE Winner
Design: Innovation in Green Composites Design
- Fiberglass-Graphene-Polypropylene 3D Printing Filament Made from Decommissioned Wind Turbine Blades; Windfall, Inc.
Design: Most Creative Application
- LamLight; Structural Composites, Inc.
Manufacturing: Equipment and Tooling Innovation
- Heat-Sealing Module – HSM for Zünd Digital Cutting Systems; Zünd
Manufacturing: Material and Process Innovation
- One Step, Recyclable Thermoplastic and Panel Development for Aerospace Cabin Interiors; Diab
Market Growth: Composites Sustainability
- Recycled Fiberglass Textile Yarn for Filament Winding of Launch Vehicle; TPI Composites, Inc.
Market Growth: Infinite Possibility for Market Growth
- Carbon Fiber-Reinforced Beam for Semi-Trailer Truck Ultralight Fifth Wheel; Strongwell
For more information on the 2022 Awards for Composites Excellence, please visit http://www.thecamx.org/awards.
CAMX brings together all aspects of the world’s composites and advanced materials communities to discover the latest products, solutions and advanced industry knowledge. CAMX 2021 was held October 17 – 20, 2022, in Anaheim, CA. Learn more.
The American Composites Manufacturers Association (ACMA) is the world’s largest composites industry trade group. We are manufacturers, material and equipment suppliers, distributors, academia and end users, dedicated to growing the composites market. We serve our members and the industry by promoting the competitive advantage and versatility of composite materials. ACMA offers composites industry educational resources through our Education Hub, CAMX, conferences, webinars, and Certified Composites Technician (CCT®) program. We develop standards and specifications that drive preference for the use of composites in place of traditional materials. We lead advocacy efforts via legislative and regulatory channels to achieve a more viable composites industry. Together, we are shaping the future of composites.