CAMX recognizes outstanding composites research from students, engineers, and industry professionals
ARLINGTON, VA, November 8, 2021 – CAMX – The Composites and Advanced Materials Expo is proud to announce the Technical Paper Award winners. Every year, CAMX recognizes outstanding research that will impact the next generation of composites innovation. CAMX technical papers cover critical areas that are important to the composites and advanced materials industry from business, applications, and research perspectives.
Congratulations to this year’s winners:
- Fabrication and Applications of Vascular Composites in the Automotive Industry | Dr. Anthony M. Coppola
- Fabrication of Composite Truss Structures by Combination of Robotic Filament Winding and 3D Printed Adhesive Elements | Florian Denk, Alec Redmann, Jonas Nieschlag, Marius Dackweiler, Sven Coutandin, Daniel Miller, Sue Mecham, Tim A. Osswald, Jürgen Fleischer
- Grafting-based Thermoplastic-Thermoset Bonding for Aerospace Structures | Saurabh Vaidya, Wout De Backer, Michel J. L. van Tooren, Igor Luzinov
- Novel Environmentally Friendly Bio-Based Thermoset Resins and Performance | Dr. Yongning, Mitra Ganewatta
- The Benefits of FRP Bridge Decks for Rural Communities | John Unser, Jeff McCay, Scott Lewit, Henry Pate
- Thermal 3D Digital Image Correlation Measurements to Characterise Discontinuous Long Fibre Composite Parts | Dr. Sébastien Kohler, Samuel Stutz, Lionel Germanier, Frederic Perrottet, Nicolas Weibel
CAMX brings together all aspects of the world’s composites and advanced materials communities to discover the latest products, solutions, and advanced industry knowledge. CAMX 2021 was held October 19-21 in Dallas, TX. Learn more at thecamx.org.
The American Composites Manufacturers Association (ACMA) is the world’s largest composites industry trade group. We are manufacturers, material and equipment suppliers, distributors, academia and end users, dedicated to growing the composites market. We serve our members and the industry by promoting the competitive advantage and versatility of composite materials. ACMA offers composites industry educational resources through our Education Hub, CAMX, conferences, webinars, and Certified Composites Technician (CCT®) program. We develop standards and specifications that drive preference for the use of composites in place of traditional materials. We lead advocacy efforts via legislative and regulatory channels to achieve a more viable composites industry. Together, we are shaping the future of composites.
The Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE®), a global professional member society, provides enhanced educational opportunities by delivering information on new and advanced materials and processing technology. SAMPE provides growth and educational opportunities via live and online conferences, exhibitions, technical forums, and publications. As the only technical society encompassing all fields of endeavor in materials and processes, SAMPE provides a unique and valuable forum for scientists, engineers, and academics. SAMPE North America is a regional subsidiary of SAMPE that serves Canada, Mexico, and the United States.