Finalists Announced for the 2021 CAMX Award
The 2021 CAMX Award recognizes Combined Strength and Unsurpassed Innovation
September 29, 2021 (Arlington, VA.) CAMX The Composites and Advanced Materials Expo has announced the finalists of the eighth annual CAMX Award, sponsored by Composites One. The CAMX Award recognizes two innovations that will significantly impact composites and advanced materials. The award is divided into two categories that embody the spirit of CAMX – Combined Strength and Unsurpassed Innovation.
The Combined Strength Award acknowledges a product that incorporates composites materials that solves a problem through teamwork and collaboration, and the Unsurpassed Innovation Award celebrates a product with a design that incorporates low-cost materials for high-volume applications that can change the outlook of a particular market.
Finalists for the 2021 Combined Strength Award:
- Composite Panels for Structural Fire Protection Onboard Ships; Ayres Composite Panels
- TrinityRail 72′ Refrigerated Boxcar Floor; TrinityRail
- Sustainable Composites are “Taking Off” in Additive Manufacturing; Braskem
- Plataine Practimum-Optimum: A Breakthrough AI Algorithm for Optimizing Production Scheduling; Plataine
- Carbon Fiber Forged Wheel for Automotive; Vision Composite Products, LLC
Finalists for the 2021 Unsurpassed Innovation Award:
- 3D Printed Moulds for Carbon Fibre Hand Lay-Up Process; Roboze
- World’s First Integrated Automated Kitting Cell; Airborne
- Advanced Acoustic Metamaterial; Lios
- Crosstrack Raw Material/Kit Location/Life Tracking with Integrated CNC Cutter Nesting and Scheduling; JETCAM International s.a.r.l.
- Mechanical Metamaterials: Lighter, Stronger, Multi-Functional Core Materials; Multiscale Systems
- Direct Melt Impregnation Thermoplastic Composite Line; Cygnet Texkimp
- Highly Automated Resin Transfer Molded (RTM) Wing Spoiler Production System; Spirit AeroSystems
- Weight Savings and Processing Innovations with Tapered Double-Double Laminates; M.C. Gill Composites Center, University of Southern California
- Elegant Technology Extends Automated Fibre Placement Access to All; Heraeus Noblelight
- High Volume Structural Carbon Fiber Reinforced Injection Molded ETP Composite; Mitsubishi Chemical Advanced Materials
- Massivit 10000 – Digitalizing Composites Tooling with Advanced Additive Manufacturing; Massivit 3D
- Innovative Hole Making Process In Woven Composite Laminates; North Carolina A&T State University
- PUPI Fiberglass Transmission Crossarms; GEOTEK and PUPI
For more information on the 2021 CAMX Award, please click here
CAMX brings together all aspects of the world’s composites and advanced materials communities to discover the latest products, solutions and advanced industry knowledge. CAMX 2021 will be held October 19-21 in Dallas, TX. Learn more.
The American Composites Manufacturers Association (ACMA) is the world’s largest composites industry trade group. We are manufacturers, material and equipment suppliers, distributors, academia and end users, dedicated to growing the composites market. We serve our members and the industry by promoting the competitive advantage and versatility of composite materials. ACMA offers composites industry educational resources through our Education Hub, CAMX, conferences, webinars, and Certified Composites Technician (CCT®) program. We develop standards and specifications that drive preference for the use of composites in place of traditional materials. We lead advocacy efforts via legislative and regulatory channels to achieve a more viable composites industry. Together, we are shaping the future of composites.
For more information on the 2021 CAMX Award, please click here.
The Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE®), a global professional member society, providing enhanced educational opportunities by delivering information on new and advanced materials and processing technology. SAMPE provides growth and educational opportunities via conferences, exhibitions, technical forums, and publications. As the only technical society encompassing all fields of endeavor in materials and processes, SAMPE provides a unique and valuable forum for scientists, engineers, and academicians. SAMPE North America is a regional subsidiary of SAMPE serving Canada, Mexico, and the United States.