October 19, 2021 (DALLAS, TX) – During CAMX – The Composites and Advanced Materials Expo, the American Composites Manufacturers Association (ACMA) announced the winners for the 2021 Awards for Composites Excellence (ACE), sponsored by Composites One. The prestigious composites industry competition recognizes outstanding achievement and innovation in design, manufacturing, and market growth.
2021 ACE Winners
Design: Innovation in Green Composites Design
- Additively Manufactured Foam Biocomposites for Lightweight Structural Applications; Oak Ridge National Laboratory and University of Maine
Design: Most Creative Application
- Large Pultruded FRP Multi-Story Frame in Region of High Seismicity; Frost Engineering & Consulting and University of Notre Dame
Manufacturing: Equipment and Tooling Innovation
- Massivit 10000 – Digitalizing Tooling for Composites Manufacturing with Advanced Additive Manufacturing; Massivit 3D
Manufacturing: Material and Process Innovation
- Achieving Thermoset AFP Speeds with Thermoplastics; Victrex
Market Growth: Composites Sustainability
- Vitrimers: Reprocessable Thermosets Unlock the Circular Economy for Composites; Mallinda Inc.
Market Growth: Infinite Possibility for Market Growth
- PUPI Fiberglass Transmission Crossarms; GEOTEK and PUPI
For more information on the 2021 Awards for Composites Excellence, please visit http://go.pardot.com/e/545842/2021-ACE-finalists/43s8mz/701807193?h=gk9aL_abLv_yJ0YD4ZhJYwYDSMLN-DviybjXKIKgQkc.
CAMX brings together all aspects of the world’s composites and advanced materials communities to discover the latest products, solutions and advanced industry knowledge. CAMX 2021 will be held October 19-21 in Dallas, TX. Learn more.
The American Composites Manufacturers Association (ACMA) is the world’s largest composites industry trade group. We are manufacturers, material and equipment suppliers, distributors, academia and end users, dedicated to growing the composites market. We serve our members and the industry by promoting the competitive advantage and versatility of composite materials. ACMA offers composites industry educational resources through our Education Hub, CAMX, conferences, webinars, and Certified Composites Technician (CCT®) program. We develop standards and specifications that drive preference for the use of composites in place of traditional materials. We lead advocacy efforts via legislative and regulatory channels to achieve a more viable composites industry. Together, we are shaping the future of composites.