CAMX announces finalists for 2017 CAMX Award recognizing Combined Strength and Unsurpassed Innovation
July 20, 2017 (Orlando, Fla.) – CAMX – The Composites and Advanced Materials Expo is proud to announce the finalists for the fourth annual CAMX Award, sponsored by Ashland. The CAMX Award recognizes two cutting-edge innovations that will significantly impact composites and advanced materials. The award is divided into two categories that embody the spirit of CAMX – Combined Strength and Unsurpassed Innovation.
As two distinct honors, the Combined Strength Award acknowledges a product that incorporates advanced materials that solve a problem through teamwork and collaboration, and the Unsurpassed Innovation Award celebrates a product with a design that incorporates low-cost materials for high-volume applications that can change the outlook of a particular market.
The winning entries will be announced and presented during the General Session at CAMX – Tuesday, September 12 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL.
This year’s finalists are:
Combined Strength Award
- Thermoplastic Composite Overmoulding Technology Reduces Cycle Time to Minutes: Victrex
- Halls River Bridge – FRP Composites for Next Generation Infrastructure: Florida DOT
- GFRP Wicket Gates: Long Lasting Structures to Ensure Navigable Waterways: Composite Advantage, LLC
- 9 Meter Wind Turbine Blade Advanced Technology Demonstrator: IACMI – The Composites Institute
- Development and Launch of Integrated Slide-in Oven Console Assembly w/ Stainless Steel Appearance via Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD): Mar-Bal, Inc.
Unsurpassed Innovation Award
- Secure Hybrid Composite Maritime Shipping Container: University of Maine – Advanced Structures and Composites Center
- Next Generation CoCure Hybrid Metal/Composite Technology for Transportation: Structural Composites
- Edge En V. Fly Rods Made with Ekoa Plant Based Prepregs: Lingrove
- First Industrial Fiber Patch Placement System for Manufacturing Complex Composites: Cevotec GmbH
- Carbon Fibre / Kevlar Hinge System: Talon Technology
For more information, go to http://www.thecamx.org/awards-competitions/.