CAMX is committed to delivering the same exceptional education that is inherent to ACMA and SAMPE conferences. While CAMX represents combined strength, unsurpassed innovation is at the heart of this partnership. Each association is maintaining its traditional approach to conference development, with the addition of a joint track developed by a team of ACMA and SAMPE members. There are extensive opportunities for you to share your latest product developments, applications, and research.
CAMX delivers two types of educational programs – Technical Papers and Education Sessions.
- Present research on materials and products, cutting-edge applications, design protocol, code development, case histories and statistical analysis.
- Are peer-reviewed for the CAMX Technical Paper Awards.
- Are Microsoft Word documents that will be published as PDFs in ACMA’s and SAMPE’s online Technical Papers archive and in the CAMX Conference Proceedings.
- Are presented by authors in 25-minute scheduled sessions at CAMX using PowerPoint presentations to further explain their full length technical papers.
- Are non-commercial.Abstract Due: March 1, 2017
Technical Paper Due: May 17, 2017
- Offer how-tos, trouble-shooting, best practices, case studies and process assistance.
- Address issues such as composites tooling, processing fundamentals, facility design, business management, market trends, regulatory concerns, waste reduction, industry challenges, growing markets, end-use of composites and more.
- Are PowerPoint presentations that are typically presented in 45-minute scheduled sessions at CAMX and published online for attendees to view.
- Are non-commercial. Abstract Due: March 1, 2017
Education Session Outline Due: May 17, 2017
CAMX technical committees will review each abstract submission and determine whether or not to include it in the conference program. The primary submitters of the abstracts will be notified via email whether or not their abstracts were selected. Technical Paper submitters will be notified by March 24, 2017 and Education Session submitters will be notified by April 10, 2017.
Technical Content, Value, and Relevance:
- Does the abstract address a topic of interest to CAMX attendees?
Originality and Innovation:
- Is the research novel and interesting?
- Does the abstract off a unique perspective or application that adds value for an attendee
- Does the content of the abstract reflect the title?
- Is the abstract well written and grammatically correct?
- Are the learning outcomes clearly identified?
- Does the abstract avoid commercialism?
The CAMX technical committees will look at any available feedback on the presenter from past CAMX sessions, and may use the references to confirm the presenter’s ability to deliver the presentation in a professional manner.
Other areas of selection criteria by the CAMX technical committees include:
- Overlap with other sessions
- Balance with overall conference
Submission of an abstract and paper does NOT guarantee acceptance as a speaker at the conference. Feedback will be provided to all applicants as to whether or not they are accepted to the conference program.